Re: [OM] Film opinions and loose shoes

Subject: Re: [OM] Film opinions and loose shoes
From: "Charles Loeven" <cpl49@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 22 Nov 1998 16:57:17 -0800
Brad wrote,

     << This caught my interest. Why do you use a rubber spacer between
flash
  bracket and winder? Is there a problem with electrical shorts otherwise?

That's not it.  We recently had a thread on this.  The Stroboframe brackets
have a threaded post that is a little too long for the winder socket.  You
can see the
solutions in the archives.

 << The reason I ask is I used such a setup on Halloween (trying out my
newly
  acquired T32 and TTL cord) and for the first time since I've had my OM2S
  (about four yrs) and OM4 (about 2 yrs), they suddenly had problems.>>

Halloween can do that.  :-)

 <<The OM2S seems ok for the most part, but still on occasion the shutter
curtain
  will advance and stay there until you HAND advance it. >>

I had mirror lock up problems which in order to release it I had to wind
again.
(reset did not work on this) which fired another frame when winding.
I think it may be because I did not have silver oxide batteries.
I can't report on the success of changing batteries because I didn't do it
yet.
This may have something to do with your problem.

<<This only happens (that I've noticed so far) with the winder/bracket
set-up. >>

Sounds like halloween!  ;-)

<<Haven't had the nerve to rely on the T32 yet til I find out what's causing
these problems. The OM4, btw, didn't fair so well. As soon as you put a
battery in and
  tighten it down, you get a sporatic beeping of the battery check signal.
  A job for John.  Anyway, if this rubber piece is related, I'd be
interesting in hearing.>>

I couldn't tell you, sorry.  Any one else?

Charlie

Charles Loeven
cpl49@xxxxxxxxxxxxx