Re: [OM] Missed photo-op of the week...

Subject: Re: [OM] Missed photo-op of the week...
From: Dave Haynie <dhaynie@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 1998 16:21:42 -0500 (EST)
On Mon, 23 Nov 1998 13:59:53 -0500, "R. Lee Hawkins"
<lhawkins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> jammed all night, and by sunrise was overheard
remarking:

> This almost makes me want to start carrying a OM with a
> couple of lenses in a small bag everywhere I go, but deep in my heart I
> know I will never see anything quite like this again.

I hate when that happens.

This is one reason I got a shapshooter for my birthday last May. I
settled on a non-Olympus digital camera -- being a computer geek, I
figured the combination of no film needed, 160-or-so full resolution (
only 640x480) shots, AA battery-power would keep me ever-ready. And it
did, and does, for things you'd think of as snap-shots (for example, I
did a walk-through of my house, on the Web, when I sold it last summer,
a combination of digital shots and older super-wide-angle shots, scanned
in, I did with the OM-4).

This usually worked, but every now and then, I ran into a shot that
really needed to be on film. This frustrated me to the point I decided I
needed to keep a real camera in my truck. So I bought a used OM-77,
pretty cheap, much better than a point-and-shoot, brownie points toward
owning every OM camera made, and it now lives in my Explorer. Though my
son is getting interested in photography -- I may need another cheap
one...

--
Dave Haynie  | V.P. Technology, Met@box Infonet, AG |  http://www.metabox.de
Be Dev #2024 | NB851 Powered! | Amiga 2000, 3000, 4000, PIOS One