Re: [OM] G28 flash diffuser?

Subject: Re: [OM] G28 flash diffuser?
From: Frank van Lindert <lindertv@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 1998 20:30:39 GMT
On Tue, 24 Nov 1998 14:09:06 +0100, "Per Nordenberg"
<per.nordenberg@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>Supplied with the optional IS/L B-macro converter for IS-3/IS-3000 is a
>diffuser which is meant to be mounted on the built-in G28 flash. I plan to
>buy this converter in the near future, not least since it seems to be cheaper
>here in Sweden than in other countries (at least compared to the prices for
>the wide and tele converters).
>My question is: Can this diffuser be used in normal flash photography as well
>in the same way as the wide adapter for T32? I suppose you get a wider
>covering angle of the flash with reduced GN, but how does this effect the
>flash operation of the IS-3/IS-3000?
>
>Hoping there are some people out there who knows anything about this (Frank,
>George or John H maybe?).
>
>Per Nordenberg

Hello Per.

The diffuser is mounted in a groove around the macro converter metal
frame. It doesn't fit anything else, although perhaps you could make
it to.
I did use the diffuser together with the macro converter on an
OM-combo (If I remember well it was on a 100 mm lens). It behaved well
directing some of the light of the T-32 on top of the camera to the
mushroom I was shooting.

BTW, how cheap are the converters in Sweden?

Frank van Lindert
Utrecht NL.