[OM] 18 0ray card reading

Subject: [OM] 18 0ray card reading
From: William Sommerwerck <williams@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 1998 12:33:57 -0800
"By getting a TTL reading from an 18 0rey card am I, for all intents
and purposes, getting the same thing an incident light meter would
provide?"

YES... IF the card is facing the camera (in the same way an incident-
light meter would face the camera), and IF there are no "specular"
reflections from the card.

(Yes, yes, I know the word "specular" comes from the Latin word for
mirror, and cardboard doesn't have that sort of surface, but you guys 'n
gals out there know what I mean -- no "shiny spots.")