Re: [OM] Missed photo-op of the week...

Subject: Re: [OM] Missed photo-op of the week...
From: "R. Lee Hawkins" <lhawkins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 1998 19:33:50 -0500
Cc: lhawkins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
In your message dated: Tue, 24 Nov 1998 16:12:51 PST you write:

>>I understand your point, but for me personally, I would never consider
>>missing a picture of someone else's suffering as missing "the shot of a
>>lifetime"...
>>
>>Cheers,
>>--Lee
>

>    Missed the point entirely, Lee. It's seeing the professionalism and
> training of the firemen in operation that makes it the great photo,not
> the suffering of the victim. In fact, the great shot would probably NOT
> include the victim inside, just the firemen at work.

Ahhh, but in that case I doubt the pic would get a Pulitzer.  So by
implication it is a picture of someone else's great suffering.  I doubt
anyone has ever gotten a pulitzer for a pic of a bunch of firefighters
washing hoses after the fire ;).

Cheers,
--Lee