Re: [OM] OT: How to lose a customer.

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: How to lose a customer.
From: Richard Ross <richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 1998 17:51:45
At 16:28 25/11/98 +0100, you wrote:
>Net time I will be wise and *not* use this company again. Ever! I will
>delete the bookmark address and never visit their website or in any
>other way ever even think of them as an possible repair company!
>Next time I will send my stuff to Long Island and Camtech! That is for
>sure!
>
>So, what have I learned?
>That sometimes the smoothest way is not always the smoothest, and the
>easiest way is not always the easiest.
>That a shortcut might be a detour.
>That a company should take care of their customers - they are their
>bread and butter. Obvious perhaps, but not all seem to be aware of it.
>
>It is hard to get customers - happy customers.
>It is easy to lose them...

Absolutely!  I've used a local Olympus-authorised repairer a couple of
times and been less than happy with their service.  Lengthy timescales,
fairly high charges, and an endearing habit of identifying customers'
equipment by applying sticky labels to it, which can't be removed without
leaving a messy residue.

I think the fact that John regularly contributes to this list and is
generous with his knowledge and experience speaks volumes for his
integrity, and should I need any work done on my own kit I wouldn't think
twice about using him in future.  The world is now small enough that
transatlantic commerce is little different from local, really.  My only
concern would be that the USA doesn't accept registered mail so separate
insurance would be required.  A minor problem for peace of mind :-)

Cheers
Richard