Re:Film Labs (was [OM] metering/Latitude)

Subject: Re:Film Labs (was [OM] metering/Latitude)
From: "Shawn Wright" <swright@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 1998 07:25:08 -0800
On 25 Nov 98, at 23:29, BILL F BROOKS wrote:

> Hi All, and Merry Thanksgiving (X-Mas lights up everywhere)
>
> Has anyone ever had film sent back to them undeveloped because the lab
> *couldn't* develop it?  I just had a roll of Tri-X that I wanted pushed
> to 1600 ISO returned with a nice little note saying they couldn't push
> process it.  They have pushed film for me in the past, but perhaps are
> now totally automated and use the DX coding exclusively...I guess it's
> time to find another lab...
>
> FWIW,
> Bill >; )

Maybe it's time to try DIY? With a Paterson tank and a few other items, it
can be done at home easily and cheaply, with your choice of chemicals,
push/pull times, etc.
Although I have access to a pro-quality darkroom, I still do my film at home,
mainly because it's convenient and I can do other stuff as well.

Just a thought...

Shawn & Janis Wright
swright@xxxxxxxxx
http://Zuiko.sls.bc.ca/~swright