RE: [OM] G28 flash diffuser?

Subject: RE: [OM] G28 flash diffuser?
From: VELUWEH@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 1998 05:16:01 -0500
>Then why do you think the
>spot metering can't be used when the built-in flash is flipped up?
>The first time I noticed this I thought it was a malfunction until
>I checked in the manual. Would't it be possible to include the
>expected amount of flashlight when the spot reading is done?

That is because it still *is* a flashmatic system - shooting distance
is the main input parameter, not subject brightness or reflection. It's
only that the IS flashmatic system gives you two controllers instead of
one: aperture *and* GN (the latter controlled by the camera), giving
you more freedom in aperture selection, as long as ambient light
doesn't yield shutter speeds shorter than 1/100. Unless of course we're
talking about the IS-3*000* in manual or portrait program mode, where
Super FP becomes active from 1/100 - 1/2000 sec.

Hans