Re: [OM] Winder 2 woes

Subject: Re: [OM] Winder 2 woes
From: "John Petrush" <petrush@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 1998 09:58:36 -0800
Garth,

I dunno about being very wise, but one of my winders suffered a similar
affliction.  The solution was replacement of the micro switch actuated by
the button on top of the winder.  The very tiny plastic lever that actually
depresses the switch had broken off.  It remained in nearly the correct
position - there isn't much room in there for it to flop around in.  Every
now and then, it would get in just the right position to work for a few
frames and then quit again.  Finding a replacement micro switch may be
possible from Olympus, or by matching with a patient electronics parts
supplier.

John P
______________________________________
there is no "never" - just long periods of "not yet".
there is no "always" - just long periods of "so far"

>Garth Wood wrote:
>>
>> Need some advice from the assembled Wise Ones.
>>
>> I have a Winder 2 which has served me well since 1984.  The last time I
used it extensively was in May, when I shot several rolls of film using the
Winder.  Operation was flawless.

>> Last night, I couldn't get it to come to anything else but sporadic life.
It would fire off a shot, wind only partway, and then refuse to fire.  By
the end of the evening, it would refuse to fire altogether, even though the
batteries were fresh and I checked and re-checked various possibilities,
such as electrical contacts, mechanical couplings, etc.