RE: [OM] OT: How to lose a customer.

Subject: RE: [OM] OT: How to lose a customer.
From: "Per Nordenberg" <per.nordenberg@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 1998 23:42:02 +0100
-----Ursprungligt meddelande-----
Från: Ingemar Uvhagen <ingemar.uvhagen@xxxxxxxxx>
Till: olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Datum: den 27 november 1998 20:35
Ämne: Re: [OM] OT: How to lose a customer.

>Hans wrote:
>
>> If you would live in the Netherlands you could send in your story to
>> 'Ook dat nog', which is a very successful satiric TV show that deals
>> only with consumer problems like this. Unlike you, they also mention
>> the name of the incompetent company or bureaucratic municipality....
>
>I was trying to be good and not mention them, but heck! Why should I?
>Here it comes: The name of the company: Intervision. Be aware of them
>Swedes!
>
>--
>Regards/
>  Ingemar Uvhagen
>  Gislaved, Sweden

Hej Ingemar

Sorry to read about your problem with Intervision. As a matter of fact I´ve
dealt with them a couple of times and had no particular problems besides the
work taking rather long time, but then I think you always feel it takes to long
when you are waiting for your gear. I didn´t have any direct contact since I
left my gear at a photo shop which then send it to Intervision.
The first time it was a circuit board replacement in my OM-2SP (which has
worked ever since), and the other time it was my 28-48/4 zoom which had got
completely stuck in the zooming mechanism. It was repaired and afterwards it
felt like a new lens with smooth zooming and easy focusing. I wasn´t very fond
of it before, but after the repair it "advanced" to second place (after my
300/4.5!). This was 10-15 years ago so maybe the company has detoriated since?
If this is the case it is indeed sad for all Swedes using Olympus gear, since
they are the one and only Olympus authorized sercive dealer in Sweden. I´ll try
to remember your experience the next time I need service help Ingemar.

Per Nordenberg

P.S.  BTW Hans, there is a rather similar TV programme in Sweden as well, and
it is called PLUS. Maybe it is not a satiric show like the Dutch programme, but
it is a serious program strictly dealing with consumer problems and complaints.