Re: [OM] Re: From 'SALE" to "AUCTION"

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: From 'SALE" to "AUCTION"
From: WKato@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 1998 21:12:01 EST

<< "I was offered $550 for the camera by another party; can you match this?">>

Why didn't he just take the other offer?  There's something "phishy" here.  I
think he had other quick acceptances at $500 and was trying to pocket an extra
fifty.

<< Like a fool, I refused, pointing out that he, the seller, had already
 accepted my offer and that it was not ethical for him to change the contract
 terms now.  >>

I don't think you're a fool. It's little things like this that tip you off to
bigger problems like "mint" is really something else.

Warren Kato