Re: [OM] Vivitar 28mm

Subject: Re: [OM] Vivitar 28mm
From: Morgan Sparks <msparks@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 28 Nov 1998 13:57:29 -0500
Stephen Worner wrote:

> has anyone encountered (or got) a Vivitar (not Series One, though) 28mm
> f2.5 lens?

Steve,

I have this lens in Konica mount.  It's a great lens, if a little clunky
in feel, sharp, contrasty, and will focus down to less than a foot.  I
don't know about distortion. Gary Schloss and I had an off-list chat
about this lens, and he can tell you more than I when he gets back.  I
know of at least 2 versions: the one I have is fitted with the
switchable TX adapter; there is a later version with a more integrated
mount.

US$38 seems like an OK price.  If it has the hood, buy it.  These really
need hoods, but like alot of Vivitars they are hard to find.  I've never
been able to find the correct one.

Morgan Sparks