[OM] SpotMetering Book

Subject: [OM] SpotMetering Book
From: Bruce Appelbaum <BruceA@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 28 Nov 1998 18:55:52 -0500
Cc: cpgbooks@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I'd like to bring to the list's attention a self-published book by Bahman
Farzad called The Confused Photographer's Guide to On-Camera Spotmetering.

As the title makes clear, the book covers the use of spotmeters built into
cameras
such as the OM series.  However, the book does not cover the OM series
specifically.

The author makes a series of "cheatsheets" available for various cameras
(FNikon N90/90s, Nikon N70,
Nikon N6006, Nikon N50, Pentax PZ-1p, Pentax ZX-5N, Canon EOS
Rebel-X/Rebel-G, Canon Elan II
E, Minolta MAXXUM 500si, Minolta MAXXUM 700si), but not for the OM.
Messages between the author and me
indicate his willingness to produce these cheatsheets for the OMs, but he
has not been able to
get Olympus to loan him an OM3/4 or 2000 for a few weeks.

If anybody is interested in helping him with an equipment loan,
it could be of tremendous benefit to us all.

More information on his book can be found at his website:
www.spotmetering.com  or by e-mail to cpgbooks@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The book is available through both Amazon.com and BarnesandNoble.com for
about $20.
It can also be ordered directly from the author through his website or by
phone.

I have no financial interest in the book, and have only exchanged e-mail
with the author.
His resume is impressive and he has come across as a gentleman.
I have ordered this book and he has offered me a copy of his previous out of
print book (on the zone system) on approval.