Re: Film Labs (was [OM] metering/Latitude)

Subject: Re: Film Labs (was [OM] metering/Latitude)
From: "Shawn Wright" <swright@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 28 Nov 1998 19:50:58 -0800
On 27 Nov 98, at 20:15, BILL F BROOKS wrote:

> Thanks Shawn, John,
> Perhaps in a year or two I'll be ready to develop my own BW stuff, but I
> know I'll want to do some printing as well-it's been at least 10 years
> since I've been in a darkroom, and even then all I did was print BW shots
> for an ad firm, (the negs were allready done) Besides, I *still* need a
> few more zuikos first >;) and enlargers are *expensive*
> It's hard being a zuikoholic on a limited income...
> Bill  >; )

I am fortunate to have the use of 10 different Beseler and Saunders
enlargers; if it weren't for this I'd probably still be shooting mostly colour
neg.
But if you're interested in more control, saving a few bucks, and you shoot at
least 2-3 rolls of B/W per month, you really should try it. (shooting less than
this invariably means wasting developer before it's all used up. And I will
admit I have wasted old developer a few times)
The equipment I use for film developing can be bought for less than $50 total,
and cost per roll for chemicals is around $1.
But I know how feel - the real joy for me is in the darkroom (and in the field
of
couse).

Just some thoughts - maybe this will save a few bucks and make that
enlarger come a bit sooner... :-)

Shawn & Janis Wright
swright@xxxxxxxxx
http://Zuiko.sls.bc.ca/~swright