[OM] OT: An interesting site.

Subject: [OM] OT: An interesting site.
From: Ingemar Uvhagen <ingemar.uvhagen@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 29 Nov 1998 19:42:30 +0100
Friends,

I came across a very interesting site. It is very informative and
explains a lot of the technical terms. Also the site has some
interesting historical information, like how the lenses have developed
through the times and how they finally discovered how to produce a
coating on lenses and why it was needed.

I would also like to quote a part of a text on one of the sites:

  There is no difference in performance between
  a new high-quality lens and a high-quality lens made
  twenty years ago. For normal, everyday photography there is no
  reason to be obsessive about the latest developments in lenses. The
  quality of reproduction is good enough even without the latest
  lenses, and so long as you are not all thumbs you can get great
  results with old lenses. The picture, after all, is much more about
  the sharpness of the person standing behind the camera
  than the sharpness of the lens.

So true.
This only proves what one might guess: Don't despise old lenses and
cameras. Unfortunately many people do that today and only looking for
the latest in hope to get good pictures.

A good site in my opinion.
See for your self at http://www.photodo.com

--
Regards/