Re: [OM] Re: AC Adapter 3 (Still available ?)

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: AC Adapter 3 (Still available ?)
From: Mark Dapoz <md@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 1998 00:15:11 -0500 (EST)
> AC Adapter 3 (powers flash and modeling lights?) is not listed in the Olympus
> price list, and as I recall, had been available as gray market only, because
> that adapter did not do well when torture tested by UL.

I actually got one of these as part of a T45 package I bought a while
back.  At first I though, great, the AC adapter should recharge the
flash in no time.  Unfortunatly that turned out to be only wishful
thinking.  In reality the AC Adapter 3 takes over 10, yes that's *ten*
seconds to recharge the T45.  Sheesh, the battery pack can do it in
less than 2 seconds.  I can't see anyone even considering using an AC
Adapter 3 with a T45 flash.  Maybe it was designed for the T20, I dunno.
Perhaps it'll work better for powering the T Power Control 1 and the modeling
lights, but I suspect even that would have a 5+ second recharge time.
                                -mark