[OM] Portaging gear

Subject: [OM] Portaging gear
From: "John Austin" <j_austin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 29 Nov 1998 21:46:51 -0800
Doris Fang wrote:
>I have a Magnum 35 Lowe-Pro, which holds much more than I want to carry!
>Also a slightly bigger Tamrac (with that funky horizontal rear
>zipper/compartment). I can't really walk very far with either, but others
>might. I use them for portaging huge amounts of gear, and for working from
>the car, or near it.

Doris,

I think it's been mentioned on the list before, and if not, I'm sure you've
heard Edward Weston's famous quote: "If it's more than 500 feet from the
car, it's not photogenic!" The older I get, the more I find myself agreeing
with that statement. It seems that lately I feel I'm out of my mind, what
with all the stuff I insist on carrying. Perhaps it P&S time. :-)

Regards,
John Austin