Re: [OM] Portaging gear

Subject: Re: [OM] Portaging gear
From: Pauls0627@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 1998 14:01:27 EST
In a message dated 11/30/98 1:52:23 PM Eastern Standard Time,
sfsttj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

<<  It sounds like Dave found his solution. When using deep bags, gluing to
 rear lens caps together with magic glue, so as to make two short lenses
 into one longish object seems to work really well.

                                              *= Doris Fang =* >>

I've been thinking about trying this "glue the rear caps" trick. My only
concern is with storage. Is there any concern storing a lens "upside down"
(front element down)? Are there any issues with lubricants, etc? I've always
stored my lenses vertically, rear element down. Storing them the other way
just doesn't "seem" right.

Paul Schings
Coventry, RI