Re: [OM] Storing Lenses

Subject: Re: [OM] Storing Lenses
From: *- DORIS FANG -* <sfsttj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 1998 16:20:46 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 30 Nov 1998, Shelley Stallings wrote:

> Doris,
> Can you give us more information on the reasons for this recommendation?

  With the Nikons, it has to do with avoiding getting lubricant on the
diaphragm blades. Apparently nose down puts the lube below the blades. The
minimum aperture buys even more distance from the dreaded lube.
The Nikon rep here told me this one years ago. So far,
not one of my Nikkors has had that problem (none of my OMs, either. Only
one Canon 50mm so far). I do not know how or if either side would work
with the OM lenses (maybe John Hermanson might comment ?).

                                      *= Doris Fang =*