[OM] OM2 And Shoe 3

Subject: [OM] OM2 And Shoe 3
From: "Charles Loeven" <cpl49@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 1 Dec 1998 12:15:01 -0800
Hi everyone,
I am back on line after my trip to New York for the holiday.
There is no photo info to report.  Most of my photography was
limited to family P&S.

I am having a problem with the set up of the OM2 (no n) and shoe3.
It seems that the shoe does not sit properly on the camera and
the contact is not made to fire the flash.
If I put slight pressure on the front of the shoe to tilt it backwards
it fires fine.  The shoe1 works fine as does the connector3.
This should eliminate the camera as the problem.
I have tried to fire it using a duo synch type cord to no avail.
This should eliminate the weight of the flash as the problem.
The weird thing is, I had the exact problem with another shoe3 and the same
camera.
I eventually cracked that one!
Should I put a shim under the front of the shoe to tilt it back or will this
do damage?
I suspect that the rear pin is not making contact.

If anyone has had this problem or has a remedy, please let me know.

Charlie
Charles Loeven
cpl49@xxxxxxxxxxxxx