Re: [OM] Excess Olympus Stuff For Sale

Subject: Re: [OM] Excess Olympus Stuff For Sale
From: *- DORIS FANG -* <sfsttj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 2 Dec 1998 21:00:21 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 2 Dec 1998, R. Lee Hawkins wrote:

about Jan;s ad...
> >camera, Olympus OM-2n, black, w/Shoe 4
> >Asking $275
> >Average price in Shutterbug ads (all conditions): $273.795
> Since you purchased it new in May for $36, I'll offer $72.  Isn't 100%
> profit enough?
> --Lee
> Who is amazed someone would actually not only have the balls to sell
> something to the list for 7.5x what they paid for it, but
> that they would actually admit to trying it.... *big shrug*

  Not to underplay Jan's mercenary nature (or mine), but IMHO, that OM-2n
blk. is worth what Jan has it at...at retail. But why should he not
benefit from the real market price of his camera ?
  On the other hand, it was really d-u-m-b to mention the $36 original
price. Talk about inciting resentment..but, it's a free market. Lee, all
you have to do is walk away.
  Now, I would go all the way to maybe 185.00 for that OM-2n...:-)

                                               *= Doris Fang =*