RE: [OM] Online auction editorial (Off topic)

Subject: RE: [OM] Online auction editorial (Off topic)
From: Wayne Harridge <Wayne.Harridge@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 3 Dec 1998 15:01:49 +1100
Lots of stuff deleted up to:

>  As far as the wife...get some storage bins from Rubbermaid and introduce
> the stuff gradually (hahhahahahahhahaa). I would begin by mentioning how
> much you've SAAAAAAAVED (say it like a Baptist preacher under a tent in
> Louisiana).

        At the end of a business meeting I was attending a woman was
bragging to another woman about how she pacifies her husband in similar
circumstances.  It goes something like this:

        "I always keep a red marker in the car, and when I've bought
something too expensive I just cross out the original price and write on a
new one, just like they do at sales.  Then when he sees the label he thinks
what a bargain I've got !"

        Anyone on the list been caught by this one ?

        ...Wayne