Re: [OM] OM1n and 2-4 screen

Subject: Re: [OM] OM1n and 2-4 screen
From: "Terry and Tracey" <foxcroft@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 3 Dec 1998 21:28:06 +1100
>Now for the most confusing part of this story: My readings have gone
>berserk. Now to get the same corresponding readings as the OM4's (and the
>OM1n with 1-13) I have to turn my ISO dial to 400! The opposite way as
>expected. And 2 stops! I've tried and tested , again and again, switched
>screens, switched lenses, put the 300/4.5 on tripod so to get exactly the
>same view (my lawn, clouds, indoor lamps, everything). Always the same
>result.

Have you tried steeing your camera to a suitable ASA, and with each lens set
at infinity, camera on tripod, pointed towards a wall inside lit by room
light at night. This gives a constant light. The lenses set to infinity give
effective aperture equal to aperture ring (not getting into T stops here).

Sounds wierd what you've got there.

Foxy