Re: [OM] improved lenses?; slide projector lenses

Subject: Re: [OM] improved lenses?; slide projector lenses
From: Richard Schaetzl <Richard.Schaetzl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 03 Dec 1998 18:50:10 +0100
Ulf Westerberg wrote:

> William Sommerwerck wrote:
>
> >I wouldn't mind spending $200 (or more) for a highly corrected projector
> >lens in a Carousel mount. Anybody know of one?
>
> You might appreciate the Kodak Retinar 93mm/f2,5.

This Retinar S-AV 2000 93mm/2,5 lens (made by an unknown OEM, not longer
available under this name) has been tested in CoFo 5/90 with very good
results. It was considered as good as the Leitz Colorplan (soon
available in Kodak thread), Schneider AV Xenotar 90mm/2,5 (not longer
available in Kodak thread, just for new Rolleis) Doctarlux 90mm/2,4 or
ISCO Projar 90mm/2,5 (both in 42,5 and 52,5mm available).

Interesting were some lense made for Braun projectors. The Braun
Ultralit PL 85mm/2,8, the first projector lens with build in aperture,
stopped down, this lens produces sharp images with glassless slides.
Works better than CF lenses and sacrifice not to much brigthness,
because the the projector lamp is an point light source. Wide open, it
produced mediocren results, stoped down, it was as good as the
Colorplan.
The Braun Ultralit PL 90mm/2,4 was even better than than the Colorplan,
no losses in the corners.
I guess both lenses are made by ISCO (I´ve seen there sign on the box)
for Braun and they may fit into other 42,5mm lens thread projectors.

Recently Rollei introduced an version of the 90mm Schneider with build
in aperture.

All of the obove lenses should be priced (new) below $200.

Regards

Richard