Re: [OM] Zuiko 1.4 converter

Subject: Re: [OM] Zuiko 1.4 converter
From: Jan Steinman <jans@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 5 Dec 1998 01:32:25 -0800
>From: "Ben Poels" <poelsb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>How much does a Vivitar 500mm mirror cost approx. and how
>does it compare in size and weight to the Oly.

There are at least two Viv 500 mirrors bouncing around out there --
possibly more. The one I have cost me about $175 and was made in Korea.
They also have at least one 500 cat made in Japan.

My Viv is about the same size as the Oly, but a bit lighter. However, there
is a noticable difference in sharpness -- even through the viewfinder, the
Oly looks brighter and sharper.

I'm going to keep the Viv for banging around in the pack for serendipidous
use, but I'll use the Zuik 300 with the 1.4x or 2x for when I'm planning to
use something that long. (I know, I know -- all the shots I serendipidously
take with the Viv will leave me wishing I had used the Oly...)

: Jan Steinman <mailto:jans@xxxxxxxxxxx>
: 19280 Rydman Court, West Linn, OR 97068-1331 USA
: +1.503.635.3229