[OM] Slightly sick 4T - advice please

Subject: [OM] Slightly sick 4T - advice please
From: Eric Behr <behr@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 7 Dec 1998 14:04:50 -0600 (CST)
My OM 4T has recently developed the following problem: after advancing
the film the shutter release won't fire (doesn't move at all) until I
nudge the advance lever slightly again. Even then the release feels a
bit "stiffer" than it used to. The camera is otherwise in pristine
condition -- I've always pampered it.

Has anyone else had this problem? What can be causing this? If I'm right
and it's something simple and mechanical, will it be wise to send it to
one of the independent repair shops, or to Olympus -- which would be more
expensive, I assume.

While I'm at it: a couple of my Zuikos have slightly loose rubber grips
on the focus or zoom rings, and they sometimes slip. What is the safest
glue with which to fix that?

Thanks a lot for any advice you can offer.

--
Eric Behr         | NIU Mathematical Sciences      | (815) 753 6727
behr@xxxxxxxxxxxx | http://www.math.niu.edu/~behr/ |  fax: 753 1112