Re: [OM] bracketing was response to my filter questions....

Subject: Re: [OM] bracketing was response to my filter questions....
From: "R. Lee Hawkins" <lhawkins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 08 Dec 1998 00:49:23 -0500
Cc: lhawkins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
In your message dated: Mon, 07 Dec 1998 23:28:51 PST you write:
>First off, to Lee, I empathize - been there and its a crummy feeling.  And
>Doris, I am agreed that BLH is appropriate when conditions allow it.  Since
>I don't know the particular subject matter in Chile, I'll not speculate.

The nifty shots were all done on our one day "off" from the scientific
expedition, many were action shots of animals (would you believe pink
flamingos and ostriches (sp?) at 14,000 feet? :) so I generally didn't
have time to bracket.

>While I find myself in agreement with Doris' recommendations, I must admit
>that, except for very rare circumstances, I almost never bracket.  Maybe one
>reason I've never felt compelled to get a wonderbrick with auto-bracket
>features.  Most of what I shoot is fast-paced action - not exactly bracket

I would love one, but the only time I would use it would be during a
total solar eclipse.  I could have it programmed to take a range of
exposures so as to properly expose the inner through the outer corona.
Our expedition leader does just that, in fact, with an F-4 and an F-5.
He almost never uses them otherwise, though, because they weigh a ton.

Cheers,
--Lee