[OM]80mm macro question

Subject: [OM]80mm macro question
From: Jan Steinman <jans@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 8 Dec 1998 08:58:41 -0800
>From: sara <sara.laitinen@xxxxxx>

>... Does the 80mm f4 macro deliver sharper pictures than Tamron when
>most shots are taken at 1:1-1:2 ratios?

I can't speak for the Tamron, but the Zuiko 80/4 is optimized for 1:1
operation, unlike most other lenses that merely allow you to focus that
close. For example, the Zuiko 50/3.5 macro is optimized for a 1:10
reproduction ratio.

>What kind of working distances
>does it provide and is my T28 twin-flash usable with this lens??

It does not operate without some extension. At 1:1, it allows about 50mm or
so of working distance -- 80mm from the nodal point, less the length of the
lens. If you like, I can measure and give you an exact distance. It should
work fine with the T28.

: Jan Steinman <mailto:jans@xxxxxxxxxxx>
: 19280 Rydman Court, West Linn, OR 97068-1331 USA
: +1.503.635.3229