Re: [OM] Slightly sick 4T - advice please

Subject: Re: [OM] Slightly sick 4T - advice please
From: Lars Haven <lhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 08 Dec 1998 21:20:46 +0100
Eric Behr wrote:

> My OM 4T has recently developed the following problem: after advancing
> the film the shutter release won't fire (doesn't move at all) until I
> nudge the advance lever slightly again. Even then the release feels a
> bit "stiffer" than it used to. The camera is otherwise in pristine
> condition -- I've always pampered it.
>
> Has anyone else had this problem? What can be causing this? If I'm right
> and it's something simple and mechanical, will it be wise to send it to
> one of the independent repair shops, or to Olympus -- which would be more
> expensive, I assume.

Sorry, I don't have a clue. It sounds like some adjustment
may be necessary.

> While I'm at it: a couple of my Zuikos have slightly loose rubber grips
> on the focus or zoom rings, and they sometimes slip. What is the safest
> glue with which to fix that?

If the grips are just slightly loose, so they still touch
the rings all the way round, I will suggest using double
side adhesive tape. It sticks nicely and it is not too
hard to remove the grip if servicing should become necessary.
If the grips have become very loose they must either be
replaced or reduced in length. I have a description of
that procedure on my web page.

> Thanks a lot for any advice you can offer.
>
> --
> Eric Behr         | NIU Mathematical Sciences      | (815) 753 6727
> behr@xxxxxxxxxxxx | http://www.math.niu.edu/~behr/ |  fax: 753 1112

Regards
Lars

--
Lars Haven  <mailto:lhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxx> http://isa.dknet.dk/~lhaven
"When writing about women, one must dip one's pen in a rainbow"