Re: [OM] bracketing was response to my filter questions....

Subject: Re: [OM] bracketing was response to my filter questions....
From: Christopher Biggs <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 09 Dec 1998 11:07:35 +1000
Charles Loeven <cpl49@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> moved upon the face of the 'Net and spake
thusly:

> I never understood that statement about film being cheap.

The second half of the sentence is missing:

...is cheap *compared to the other costs of the shoot*.

If you spend $15000 on a trip to Nepal or Antarctica, or hire Elle
McPherson for $50000/day, then the cost of film is negligible by
comparison, and you'd be a fool to take only one shot and hope you got
it right first time.

For me (a struggling amateur), film *is* expensive, but when I take a
once-in-a-decade holiday in two weeks, I'll be burning more film in
ten days than I have so far all year.

cjb.

--
 ------------------ Linux hackers do it in protected mode -------------------
 | Christopher Biggs - Software Engineer, Stallion Technologies, Australia  |