Re: [OM] bracketing was response to my filter questions....

Subject: Re: [OM] bracketing was response to my filter questions....
From: Denton Taylor <denton@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 08 Dec 1998 20:20:04 -0500
At 04:47 PM 12/8/98 -0500, you wrote:

>> bracketing ? Very strange. >>
>>
>> It's a philosophy. A way of life. Don't waste. Do it right the first time.
>> Learn the craft. Less is more.
>
>  I am not wasteful. I can easily nail a shot with speed, elegance, and
>color that would amaze you. It's just righteousness, asserting that your
>way is better and condemning what others do.
>
>> Some people get off on not bracketing, some get off on finding all their
>> gear at garage sales :-)
>
>   Mr. Taylor, you presume a lot. I bought 5 OM bodies and 11 lenses
>brand-new. Yes, I regularly buy stuff used, but then, that is to recycle
>the hardware, and surely someone as concerned about waste as yourself
>would approve, no ?
> I have to admit that never did I imagine the outright hostility people
>would evince simply because of a mere technical difference. Just the mere
>awareness that standards for ISO for film manufacturing are +- 1/3rd stop,
>(for a given batch, which is why you SHOULD test the batch too) and that
>the same goes for labs, should tell you that exposure is hardly
>an anal retentive's wet dream. What you think you're pinning down may be
>more elusive than you think.
>                                       Wasting my time,
>                                         *= Doris Fang =*

Hi Doris.

I didn't condemn anything, or anyone.

There's no doubt in my mind you too can nail a shot.

I think you're having a bad day :-) And I'm sorry to hear you think you're
wasting your time. And I approve of buying new equipment, and used
equipment, for different reasons :-)

I have my philosophy, and you have yours, and others have theirs. Why can't
we just leave it at that?

Regards,
Denton Taylor
Photogallery at www.dentontaylor.com
Panoramic and 360deg Immersive Images at
        www.threehundredsixty.com