Re: [OM] Need a Manual

Subject: Re: [OM] Need a Manual
From: Jan Steinman <jans@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 9 Dec 1998 09:36:20 -0800
>From: Scj9000@xxxxxxx
>Just bought an OM4 on Ebay..pleased with the camera BUT
>
>was promised a manual with it, and of course, no manual came..now he can't
>seem to find it...

First off, I'd point out to the seller that folks are selling manuals on
eBay for $10-$25, and negotiate a price reduction, tactfully suggesting
that this will avoid negative feedback.

Second off, call Olympus America at 1-800-221-3000 and order (for free) the
OM-4T manual. Operationally, the cameras are almost identical. They are
slow, but they come through.

Third, get in there and play with it! In TTL mode, it works the same as
your OM-2. If you see little diamonds above the shutter-speed scale, you've
hit the spot meter one or more times. Pull the lever in front of the
shutter release to the right to clear any spots and put it back into auto.
Push it to the left to save your current spot settings for multiple shots.

(If you use memory in TTL mode, it freezes the NEXT exposure value, not the
one shown when you select memory.)

Start out with cheap film, experiment a lot, and have fun -- you'll learn
things no manual will ever tell you!

: Jan Steinman <mailto:jans@xxxxxxxxxxx>
: 19280 Rydman Court, West Linn, OR 97068-1331 USA
: +1.503.635.3229