Re: [OM] Reparing Lens-Hood

Subject: Re: [OM] Reparing Lens-Hood
From: "Mark Hammons" <astair@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 1998 06:43:17 -0600

>Hi,
>    I´ve received my new Zuiko 135mm f3.5 (secondhand) and
>it has a built-in lens-hood whole scratched and grabed with the
>previous name of the ownner. I would like to know if somebody
>knows if there is any possibility to get a new item from Olympus
>or third-party one; or if it´s impossible to get a new one, how
>could I do to paint it with the same high finish. I´ve never
>painted anything so delicate and if someone could explain me step
>by step how should I do. It´s really a pity, because optics are
>perfect without any tiny scratch. I´ve never tought it could be
>so terribly lightweight and compact.
>I am grateful for 135mm users help. Thanks, again!
>
>Best regards,
>
>Dave

I had a 65-200 Zoom I traded with another list member some time
back that was missing the lens hood.  I was able to order one from
Olympus America.  You might want to try this.  On the other hand,
if you can still return the lens you might want to because 135 F3.5
lenses are low cost enough you might be able to pick up another one
and save the money and hassle of putting on a new lens hood.

Mark Hammons