Re: [OM] Info on OLY MPUS ES-10 scanner

Subject: Re: [OM] Info on OLY MPUS ES-10 scanner
From: Jay Maynard <jmaynard@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 1998 16:55:42 -0600
On Fri, Dec 11, 1998 at 03:34:00PM -1247, Joe X. Jackson wrote:
> spell that "min*lta"?) i've seen good and bad comments about both
> scanners...with the hardware comments favoring the minolta and
> the software comments STRONGLY favoring the olympus. i finally

I may find myself doing this as well, soon...My father has the Minolta, and
he found out - the hard way - that Minolta isn't just advertising when they
say that the scanner must be connected to an Adaptec SCSI controller. He was
unable to get it to talk to a SIIG NCR 53C810-based card. Switching to an
Adaptec AHA1540CF made it work fine. I hope they don't have problems with
the Mac...

What's better about the software in the Olympus? The Minolta drivers work
well once you hook it up to the right card, and I, at least, will be using
Photoshop...