Re: [OM] OM 3Ti - OM 4Ti - OM 4T question

Subject: Re: [OM] OM 3Ti - OM 4Ti - OM 4T question
From: "Peter A. Klein" <pklein@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 1998 18:52:32 -0800
Repeating and continuing my "why not an OM-2000?" message, which I
accidently sent before finishing. . .

I'm wondering:  What about the OM-2000?  It has many of the attributes of
the OM-1(n), and includes a choice between manual center-weighted and spot
metering.  It's also new, and relatively inexpensive.  Parts may be around
for a while.  Flash synch at up to 1/125th.  Takes our beloved Zuikos.

The only things I can see "wrong" with it based on the literature is that
it's not actually made by Olympus, and the viewfinder is 930f the actual
picture rather than 97%.

Then again, I rarely use flash, and don't do macro-photography, so there
may be incompatibilities with other parts of the total OM-system I'm not
aware of.

Is anybody using an OM-2000 who can comment on its real-world suitability
compared to the "real" Oly bodies?
----