Re: [OM] Au revoir for now

Subject: Re: [OM] Au revoir for now
From: Joel Wilcox <jowilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 1998 21:55:30 -0600
At 08:44 PM 12/11/1998 EST, Gary you wrote:
>Hi Joel:
>
>Gosh, I'm honored that I contributed a few items to that load of yours!  Plus
>I'll take some credit for the Agfachrome RSX-50 you'll be carrying  :-)  I'm
>looking forward to RSX 50 II  when it arrives on retail shelves.  You good
bye
>sounds like you are leaving ZA, though.  Shoot, you won't be around to buy
>from us anymore.  Good luck "on the wagon."  Well miss you.

Thanks, Gary. Yeah, the OM-1 and 50/1.4 came by way of you. John H. made
them live again. I think fondly of both you gents when I shoot with them.

Hey, I'll be back in January.  Make some dough on somebody else in the
meantime ;-)

>> But the Bogen just didn't
>>  seem that much better than the Slik, and it lacks some features that I
like
>>  about the Slik such as the ability to use spikes or rubber feet, the fact
>>  that it is lighter, and the crank on the center post.
>
>Just buy the replacement feet with retractable spikes.  Only around $15 a
set.
>Hey, I just found a Bogen 3040 w/ 3047 head and it has a cranked centerpost.
>But, alas,  it's 10 pounds.  Guess I'll have to catch you on the Large Format
>upgrade?

I'll see how things fare with the Slik and then who knows.  The other pod I
looked at in the store was the 3050 w/3047 head (I think). The kid who
waited on me thought I was nuts even thinking about putting an OM-1 on that
thing.  I'm expecting the large lens support platform to help me out a lot.

Best,

Joel