Re: [OM] OM-2000/OM1 (was OM 3Ti - OM 4Ti - OM 4T question)

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-2000/OM1 (was OM 3Ti - OM 4Ti - OM 4T question)
From: brookswf@xxxxxxxx (BILL F BROOKS)
Date: Sat, 12 Dec 1998 00:31:08 -0600
Hi Peter,

Well, I've got a -2k and yes it takes Oly /Zuiko lenses, has a *simple*
flash shoe (but no loss to you) and has the spot/center-weighted
metering.

On the plus side vs.OM-1(md)(n) (besides the spot metering ) it has a
faster shutter speed (copal shutter vs. cloth?) than an
OM-1(md)(n),(1/2000) will go to ISO 3200, and is easier to do
double-exposures.  It also uses batteries that are easier to find than
the OM-1(md)(n)'s.  But then you only have to use the battery if you are
using the meter anyway...

My only *major* gripes with the camera is that it has no motor-drive
capability, and the shutter-speed control is on the top of the camera,
instead of on the lens-mount.

However, pick up an OM-1 at your local photo/pawn/whatever shop and just
<grok> it...feel it, and then do the same for the -2k... You'll know what
to do..

Bill >; )
"Life unfolds on a great sheet called Time (film)*,
and once finished (developed)* is gone(here)* forever..."

*provided you have a good archival system in place...