Re: [OM] Has the time come for the unthinkable?

Subject: Re: [OM] Has the time come for the unthinkable?
From: Richard Ross <richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 13 Dec 1998 12:08:04
At 17:25 12/12/98 EST, Susan wrote:
>Jeez Ken..what a hard thing to do...i get so sentimentally attached to my
>cameras that it's hard to part with them (same with auto...my 1986 Saab 900
>has 245,000 miles and going strong...)

I was very attached to my 186,000 mile Saab 9000T as well, but it had to go
earlier this year.  It was looking like there were too many upcoming bills.
 Irrationally, I spent far more on its replacement, my 4th 9000.  But I
still have my OM-10, bought new in 1978 when they launched.  I'd never get
rid of that - we've been on too many travels together.  It's been cooked
and frozen, soaked and dried, and dropped a few times yet it's still in
fine working order.  These days it's enjoying retirement, but occasionally
comes out for a look round.  I know just how you feel :-)

Richard