Re: [OM] Saab's and OM's (was: Has the time come for the unthinkable?)

Subject: Re: [OM] Saab's and OM's (was: Has the time come for the unthinkable?)
From: Frank van Lindert <lindertv@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 13 Dec 1998 15:16:00 GMT
On Sun, 13 Dec 1998 23:05:56 +1100, "Terry and Tracey"
<foxcroft@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>BTW, there was a small discussion a while ago on the IS macroconverters
>(which >can be used in the OM system as well), and I´ve just found a used
>macroconverter >B L (?) for 295 SKR on the net. Condition is 4 in a scale
>1-4 (with 4 being near >mint). I´m a little confused though. What´s a B L
>converter? How many different >types and sizes of IS macroconverters are
>there? Thanks in advance.
>>

>I think the B convertors were 55mm threads. A converters were 49mm.
>
>Both my converters say IS\L  A Macro or A Life Size. Macro is 40cm (2.5
>dioptor) and Life size is 13cm.
>
>Foxy

If I may add some:

The IS-L B macro converter is indeed for 55mm filter thread lenses.
Together with both which Foxy owns, there are exactly three types for
the IS 1,2,3 (or 1000,2000,3000).
The one you have seen is the most expensive of the three. I don't know
what a Krona is worth, but the used value of a  mint IS-L B macro
would be Euro 85-110 ($100-130).

I don't know if other have been made for the IS 10,20 (100,200)....

Frank van Lindert
Utrecht NL