Re: [OM] t8/t10 ring flashes

Subject: Re: [OM] t8/t10 ring flashes
From: "Richard Dale" <Richard_Dale@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 1998 15:02:30 +0000
The T8 flash is emitted sideways and bounced around the reflector (small or
large), this set up is meant to eliminate the ring shaped corona you
sometimes get with direct ring flash.
The T10 has the flash emitted directly forwards as you would expect, the
POL filter is meant to eliminate the corona by diffusing the light.
The T10 is smaller than the T8 with reflector, you could not use the T8 on
a small macro stand (such as the VST). The POL filter is very expensive
new. I think you would have to use the T8 on a copy stand type set up or
hand held.
I would recommend getting the T10 first, since there are many 2nd hand
examples about, also it is smaller and easier to fit/use.
New price T8 is 325 USD + taxes, the POL filter I think costs a similar
amount, both are difficult to obtain second hand. The T8 is an impressive
package which I am told is made only to order.
Both have modelling lights which are a useful feature. You of course need
the T Power Control Unit 1 to which both  units fit, as does the T28.

Hope this helps, I think Denton has used them more extensively, as have
several other members of the forum.

Richard

 (Embedded
 image moved   tatu <sara.laitinen @ dlc.fi>