Re: [OM] Has the time come for the unthinkable?

Subject: Re: [OM] Has the time come for the unthinkable?
From: Clyde Soles <csoles@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 1998 10:05:05 -0700
Ulf Westerberg wrote:

>Second impression: I felt like being back at the office installing Windows!
>Displays, options, more displays, options I never had even think of could
>exist.

When I first read Ken's post, I couldn't help but think of how much it
sounds like being forced to give up a Mac for Wintel...you can still get
the job done but it sure doesn't *feel* as good doing it.

>Which brings me to another point, that another way to go might be a
>range-finder of some sort if you're really after those fast action shots.

True but I've never seen a bazooka lens on a rangefinder either.

>Another way to really go would be medium format. Now were talking serious
>stuff.

Agreed. Unless you are doing a lot of fast action sports, I think you will
be far better off keeping the OM kit and adding MF to the quiver. An F6 or
EOS4 will never deliver images with the impact of larger film.

>What about the stabilizer lens that I so much longed for? ... So much for
>a stabilizing lens.

Umm, were the non-moving things sharp in your handheld shots? That's the
point of stabilization. (I think it really works by adding so much weight
that it forces you to settle down ;-)