Re: [OM] Re: olympus-digest V2 #654

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: olympus-digest V2 #654
From: ClassicVW@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 1998 16:34:54 EST
In a message dated 12/14/98 3:58:23 PM Eastern Standard Time, gma@xxxxxxxxxx
writes:<<
 > 2)  How arrogant to assume that putting a disclaimer at the beginning gives
 > you the privilege of hijacking the list.
 > 3)  It has been happening often.  Repeatedly.  Boringly.  I am relatively
 > new to this list, and this thread has dismayed me.  Of course, I delete it.
 > It is neither relevant nor interesting.
  Get a life, Eric.  No one hijacked the list. It's still here. So am I
 and so are you.  If the thread was so boring and dismaying, why did u
 read it?   I'm always amazed at how a brief off-topic foray can get such a
drastic
 response from some folks. GET OVER IT.

Maybe Eric and I joined the list at an unusual time, but he does have a
legitimate gripe- the past few days have given us more than a few postings
with NO Olympus content- yes, we can just delete the thread, but many people
just hit the reply button and then switch to a different topic, so we have to
look at the posting before we realize that it's beside the Olympus point. This
wastes our time, not to mention stuffing our mailboxes. And don't tell us to
keep hitting delete or to unsubscribe from the list, that's not the answer.
After all, this is an Olympus list, not the Saab list. I wonder if you'd be so
understanding if I started conversing about my gun collection or my love for
cigars, I somehow feel you would hit the roof, and understandedly so. So I'll
save my not politically correct hobbies for the proper place and time. As
should the people who want to debate the virtues of a 1986 vs. a 1990 Saab.
This IS and should remain the Olympus list. Talk off the list- directly e-mail
the person if the conversation is about other topics. Again, maybe I'm new and
this doesn't happen every day, at least I hope it doesn't.
Thanks. Yes, I do feel better now.