Re: [OM] 65-200 zoom "creep"

Subject: Re: [OM] 65-200 zoom "creep"
From: John Hermanson <omtech@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 1998 17:58:33 -0500
The little screws under the rubber on conventional lenses hold the focus
ring on the lens and are loosened when infinity must be adjusted or
reset.  These screws can come loose with time and cause "cahtter" in the
focus ring movement.  Thsi should not be confused with loose focusing.
Tightening these screws will eleviate a "loose" focus ring, but it will
not affect  loose focusing or a dry helicoid.

John