Re: [OM] Info on OLYMPUS ES-10 scanner

Subject: Re: [OM] Info on OLYMPUS ES-10 scanner
From: Carsten Esch <carsten.esch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 1998 09:37:23 +0100
Hi,

there are two versions of the ES-10 available. ES-10 and newer SCSI
version ES-10S. The ES-10 is parallel only and the ES-10S is SCSI. The
SCSI Version is not (and will not be) available on the European Market,
only in the US. I have never played with the ES-10S.
The ES-10 will do a 1770dpi scan in about 6 minutes, the resulting file
(*.bmp) is abt. 11MB.
The software from the ES-10 will only run with WIN 3.1x, WIN 95 and WIN
98. Make sure your parallel port can use a bidirectional mode (like ECP
or EPP)
The biggest problem I see is the lack of possibility to modify the film
parameter files. There are not many to choose from (e.g. only 100 ISO
settings available for different film manufacturers).
This is the weakest point in MY opinion.

Regards,

Carsten