Re: [OM] Has the time come for the unthinkable? (minimal OM content)

Subject: Re: [OM] Has the time come for the unthinkable? (minimal OM content)
From: "Hans van Veluwen" <VELUWEH@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 1998 13:42:18 +0100

John wrote:

>Slightly evading to the "safe to turn off your......"
>I was very happy to find instructions in a recent computing magazine on
>how to turn off the "Micro@ª$%" "splash" screen the comes up while Win
>95 is booting.  Now I just get the beautiful black screen, with no
>friggin Micro@ª$% ad.

It is more fun to have your own startup logo. Suggestion: a nice cool scan
of an OM body, with the 350/2.8 Zuiko attached:

Create a 640x480 bitmap, 256 colors. Resize it to 320x400 (width x height;
yes, it gets deformed, but it is re-strechted when it is displayed). Save
it to the C:\ root, and rename it to LOGO.SYS. Its size should be 129078
bytes.

You can also make your own shutdown logos. Same procedure. They are located
in the Windows directory and are named LOGOW.SYS and LOGOS.SYS. Suggestion:
B*ll G*t*s getting pied.

Hans