Re: [OM] Has the time come for the unthinkable?

Subject: Re: [OM] Has the time come for the unthinkable?
From: "Hans van Veluwen" <VELUWEH@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 1998 14:02:17 +0100

Giles wrote:

>Ever watched those press conferences on TV and the still photographers
>with their AF wonderbricks  manually focusing their lenses?
>Makes you wonder.

Same what I read a couple of years ago in an interview with Bert Verhoef,
one of the best Dutch press photographers. He only turns on AF when he
lends the camera to his wife... Btw, his base setup consisted of two Nikon
F4's (probably now replaced by F5's), with the 80-200/2.8 and 20-35/2.8
Nikors attached. About 4 kilo hanging around his neck... makes me wonder if
his health insurance is ok...

Hans