RE: [OM] New here.

Subject: RE: [OM] New here.
From: "Rex Jackson" <rexjackson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 1998 15:06:55 -0500
http://www.mindspring.com/~rexjackson/

Heh...thank you. ;-)

> Rex;
>
> I've had a Zuiko 65-200/4 for 15-20 years.  Quite good.  Some say the
> one-touch ring creeps.  Mine doesn't.
>
> I just got a Zuiko 85-250/5. From what I see so far, it's even sharper
> than the 65-200.  I like the extra 50mm on the top end too.
>
> I also have recently acquired a Zuiko 100-200/5.  This lens is
> surprisingly sharp, especially considering it's price.  And, it is
> matched with the Zuiko 2X.
>
> Lastly, perhaps you'll hear from someone who's got a Zuiko 50-250/5,
> rumored to be the best Zuiko zoom, cept for the 35-80/2.8 of course.

Thank you so much for the recommendations. Isn't the 50-250/5 one of those
phantom lenses that almost nobody has ever seen? I'd love to hear a
firsthand account of how it performs as long as there's a chance of laying
my hands on one someday.

> Primes: I've got some in that range. They're all good. 21/3.5 may be the
> best bang for the buck.  I'll be testing some primes and zooms soon and
> will post results.

Cool. Again, I appreciate the tip.

> Again, welcome back and hope this helps.
>
> George

Thanks, George. The amount of traffic on this list is pretty impressive. I
was wondering if it was just going to be represented by a few posts a week.
It's great that there's so much information exchanged here. Lots of heated
exchange of opinions, too. ;-)

-Rob