Re: [OM] Ni-Cd Pack fetaures

Subject: Re: [OM] Ni-Cd Pack fetaures
From: Bob Sull <w8imo@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 1998 18:09:38 -0500

Jan Steinman wrote:

> One notable exception: lithium. Get the M18v grip and fill it with AA
> lithiums, and you'll be laughing at the cold, albeit at the tune of $30
> worth of batteries. Home Depot is the cheapest I've seen AA liths, at about
> $4.29 a pair.
>
> : Jan Steinman <mailto:jans@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> : 19280 Rydman Court, West Linn, OR 97068-1331 USA
> : +1.503.635.3229

I don't know how many NiCd cells a M18v grip holds, but with AA NiCds being
1.2V
and Lithium AA cells being 1.5V, is there any danger here?

15 AA NiCds equal 18V, if thats what the 18 means in M18v, but 15 AA Lithiums
equal 22.5V.....  What has your experience been doing this?

Happy Holidays,
Bob

--

                   ////////