Re: [OM] Has the time come for the unthinkable?

Subject: Re: [OM] Has the time come for the unthinkable?
From: "Richard Dale" <Richard_Dale@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 1998 08:16:20 +0000
.   Again, didn't Ansel Adams teach
us anything?

I suppose MS metering allows you to practise zone measurement with ease.
There is not just one "correct" exposure for a picture as you say.

I regard rightly or wrongly certain elements of photography to be
"technical", others to be "arty", you obviously need to be completely
competent with the "technical" side to take a well-exposed picture in all
light conditions with the required depth of field, know the effects of
focal length etc.

You need to have an "eye" to produce good composition.

Richard