Re: [OM] Has the time come for the unthinkable?

Subject: Re: [OM] Has the time come for the unthinkable?
From: Ingemar Uvhagen <ingemar.uvhagen@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 1998 21:07:52 +0100
Ken,

You wrote:

> There is another reason why I'm ever so slightly leaning towards the
> Nikon
> F5/F100:  My brother is a pro using Nikon and my father also uses
> Nikon.
> Kinda a family thing.  (however, another brother is the editor for a
> southwest 4wd rag and he uses an ancient Pentax).  Anyway, the bro #1
> just
> about convinced me last year that the F5 was well worth the switchover
> from
> Olympus.  I've stuck it out, though, for two reasons:  I couldn't
> afford it
> and I love egging him on.

Hey! There should always be *one* family member who is "the black sheep
of the family". I am one! All the other family members are using P&S
cameras while I am the only one using manual - The OM system. But do you
know what? I am actually *very* proud of it!
By the way, I am trying to convince my youngest brother to move into the
OM stuff! So far he is impressed by the elegant look, the lenses and the
sound of a real mirror flipping up and down! He says it really sounds
*camera*. I agree...

Sorry for this late input. I have been out of modem (free upgrading :-)
).

--
Regards/
  Ingemar Uvhagen